#Interiors for the way You live..Today and Tomorrow
At Studio Designs You, our client are our #1 priority, We design your space for your unique personality but we could not be doing our complete job if we did not plan on your future needs as well. Change is life's only certainty. Sometimes it is unexpected. Sometimes it is inevitable. We suggest solutions to be prepared for those changes in our design plan.
What can a professional interior designer bring to my project that I can not?
At Studio Designs our time and work skills are devoted to making your custom residential design project a wonderful success. Our objective is make the design and renovation process as stress free on you and your family as possible so that you can go on with your busy lives. we work in Wichita and all areas of South Central Kansas and would love to be a part of your project
- We have the vision to turn your ideas and needs into a reality.
- We have the skills to design and manage the work, timeline and your budget.
- We have reliable and dependable resources and contacts to complete the work.
- We oversee delivery and quality aspects and take care of any glitches in a timely manor.
- We know how colors and patterns work in a space and are able to determine the right scale, proportions and quality of furnishings and finishing materials are right for your particular project.
- It all starts with a phone call or email from you. We openly discuss your project, your family, your needs and wants. If you like what we have to say and it seems like the right fit for both of us, We will schedule a time to visit your home when all of the decision makers will be present. At that time we will gather information, take photos, and basic measurements for the project.We will talk time lines and address any questions that you may have and hopefully determine a budget.
- We require a concept fee at that time (see fees and services) and we will go back to the studio and begin work on your project concepts.
- At our second meeting we will present color and design concepts for your space.There will be drawings, fabric suggestions, surface options, floor plan and other finishing elements. A budget must be established at this time and a contract stating the responsibilities of both parties will be provided and signed.
- After budget approval, a retainer of 70% of the working budget must be available to the design company to proceed with ordering and contract work.
I do know that it is impossible to set a budget when you don't know how much things cost. If you have never done any decorating how would you know? Catch 22 Right?
I am attaching a link to a list of cost estimates that I give my clients. The costs range from low to high from the basic no bells furnishings and finishes to the unlimited possibilities of a space designed just for you. Most of my clients are somewhere in the middle.
Budget Tool 1-16
Use this as an aid in estimating a budget for your project
When you have an investment total in mind we can help you get the most beautiful room possible for your money.
Typical items need in a design project
Typical Cost Basic mid Level Premium
Paint (walls & ceiling, 12’ x 14’ x 9’) $1200 special finish @ $2000.00
Window Treatments (per lineal foot, per layer)
$150 $250. $300. ++
Shades / Blinds (per foot) $150 $250. $ 300. +
Custom Furniture (Upholstered)
Chair $1200 $1700 $3000+
Sofa / Love seat $2500 $3500 $5000+
Bed Covering (Custom Set Q) $2000 $3000 $3500+
Re-upholster Chair $1000 $2000 $2500 Sofa $3000 $4000 $4500+
Wallpaper for avg. Bedroom or Dining Room 16 s/r
Installed room price (12’ x 14’ x 9’) $980 $ $1500 $2000 +
(+ prep work @ $25.00 per hour
Accessories: art, lamps and decorative items
Small room $1000 $2000 ++++
Area Rugs $500. $2000. ++++
Design Fee $100.00 per hour $500. $1200. $2500. +++
Tile back splash-per square foot…. $ 20 $40. ++++
Tile floor- per square foot-……… . $18 $35. ++++++
Wood floor- per square foot……. $20. $40.00
Granite-per square foot……… $52….group I plus cutouts +++
Quartz-per square foot………. $68 ….plus cutouts
Carpet -per square foot with pad…….. $ 8. $12. ++++++++