GETTING TO KNOW US
GETTING TO KNOW US
Thank you for Giving Us the Opportunity to Introduce Ourselves
The decision to hire an Interior Designer is not an easy one. We are honored when our clients place their trust in us to guide them through changes in their spaces. We want the experience to be fun and exciting for you and your family. We will be there every step of the way to guide you through the process. With over 30 years of experience and education we have the expertise to oversee your project while you all go about your busy lives.
Studio Designs is a full-service design studio. I have 25 years Experience as an ASID interior designer in Wichita as a member of the (American Society of Interior Designers). Over my 30 + years working in the field of residential design, I have established great working relationships with some of the area's top trade professionals. With these talented craftspeople, we can handle any scope project.
I am also happy to work with the contractor of your choice. My allegiance is to the client. It is my job to make your life easier by managing all aspects of the project as well as your budget. As a Certified Living In Place Professional (CLIPP), I take seriously the commitment to make your home beautiful, functional, accessible, comfortable and safe, no matter what your needs. Learn More
For me, the most interesting part of the design process is listening to you and discovering your uniqueness and making sure that some of that shows up in your finished project. I have no favorite style or color scheme that is my signature aesthetic. I like to work with some of the things that you have and give add to them to give your home a comfortable feel. A home is about the people that live there... your home should be a beautiful reflection of YOU!
Patty Graham and Vicki Flores have worked together for over 20 years. We love what we do...making sure that our clients are thrilled with their finished project and they have had an enjoyable stress-free experience during the process. Patty has great attention to detail and is involved in all Studio Design projects.
Why Designs For Life?
After Working for 30 years as lead designer and buyer at Accent Interiors, starting my own business was a bit intimidating. But because of family circumstances, I needed to work from home I knew that I wanted to be able to offer my clients aesthetically amazings homes that are also safe comfortable and accessible. I want to design a plan with the future in mind. " Interiors for Today and Tomorrow." I still don't love the "business " part of having my own business, but I love what that allows me to do for you.
Change is life's only Certainty.
Children will grow older and larger, and so will their friends. Someone in you family may break a bone and need the home to be accessible. You will have guests and celebtrations.You may have older or younger long term visitors . Change is life's only certainty and it often come unexpectedly and quickly. A little pre planning can make those changes less stressful.
What can a professional interior designer bring to my project that I can not?
At Studio Designs our time and work skills are devoted to making your custom residential design project a success. Our objective is to make the design and renovation process as stress-free on you and your family as possible so that you can go on with your busy lives. We work in Wichita and all areas of South Central Kansas and would love to be a part of your project.
- We have the vision to turn your ideas and needs into a reality.
- We have the skills to design and manage the work, timeline and your budget.
- We have reliable and dependable resources and contacts to complete the work.
- We oversee delivery and quality aspects and take care of any glitches in a timely manner.
- We know how colors and patterns work in a space and are able to determine the right scale, proportions and quality of furnishings and finishing materials that are right for your particular project.
- It all starts with a phone call or email from you. We openly discuss your project, your family, your needs and wants. If you like what we have to say and it seems like the right fit for both of us, we will schedule a time to visit your home when all of the decision makers will be present. At that time we will gather information, take photos and basic measurements for the project. We will talk timelines and address any questions that you may have, and hopefully determine a tentative budget.
- We require a concept fee of $1000.00 at that time and we will go back to the studio and begin work on your project concepts.
- At our second meeting we will present color and design concepts for your space. There will be drawings, fabric suggestions, surface options, floor plans and other finishing elements. A working budget must be established at this time and a contract stating the responsibilities of both parties will be provided and signed.
- After budget approval, a retainer of 70% of the working budget must be available to the design company to proceed with ordering and contract work.
I am attaching a link to a list of cost estimates that I give my clients. The costs range from low to high, from the basic "no bells and whistles" furnishings and finishes to the unlimited possibilities of a space designed just for you. Most of my clients are somewhere in the middle.
Budget Estimating Tool 1-19
Use this as an aid in estimating a budget for your project
When you have an investment total in mind we can help you get the most beautiful room possible for your money.
Typical Items Need in a Design Project
These are merely suggested costs and can vary depending on the Client’s needs.
Basic Mid-Level Premium
Paint (walls & ceiling, 12’ x 14’ x 9’) $1500 special finish @ $3000.00
Window Treatments (per lineal foot, per layer)
$250 $400. $600. ++ $300. +
Shades / Blinds (per foot) $200. $400. $ 550. +
Custom Furniture (Upholstered)
Chair $1800 $2500 $4000+
Sofa / Loveseat $3500 $4500 $6000+
Bed Covering (Custom Set Q) $2500 $4000 $5500+
Re-upholster Chair $1500 $2000 $2500 Sofa $3000 $4000 $8000+
Wallpaper for avg. Bedroom or
Dining Room 16 s/r
Installed room price (12’ x 14’ x 9’) $2500 $ $3500 $5000 +
(+ prep work @ $25.00 per hour
Accessories: art, lamps and decorative items
Small room $2500 $4000 ++
Dining fixture $1000. $2000. $3500.++
Area Rugs $1000 $2500. $5000. ++++
Tile back splash-per square foot…. $ 20 $40. ++++
Tile floor- per square foot-……… . $18 $35. ++++++
Wood floor- per square foot……. $20. $40.00
Granite-per square foot……… $78….group I plus cutouts +++
Quartz-per square foot………. $108 ….plus cutouts
Carpet -per square foot with pad…….. $ 8. $12. ++++++++